Maggie's Challenge: Help Raise Funds for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Did you know that September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month? Each year in the U.S. there are an estimated 15,780 children who are diagnosed with cancer, and approximately 1 in 285 children in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer before their 20th birthday.
Maggie's Mission is one organization focused on raising awareness of pediatric cancers, funding research and providing help to families and children affected. They recently created these awesome Custom Tattly to encourage people to Go Gold! and take part in Maggies Challenge (more below).
#maggieschallenge: 15 feel good activities that can be done in school or anywhere!
How it works:
1. Tell family and friends that you are taking Maggie’s Challenge.
2. Complete the have a heart pledge on their website.
3. Reach out to family and friends asking them to sponsor you.
4. Select activities from the Challenge Sheet or get creative and make up your own.
5. Check off challenges as you complete them.
We are super inspired by Maggie’s Mission and the amazing work they are doing! They've raised and donated almost $450,000 to Memorial Sloan Kettering, all of which has supported vital pediatric cancer research. If you're looking for a way (for yourself, and/or a classroom you know) to get involved this month, visit Maggie's Mission to learn more!
P.S. These Gold Ribbon Custom Tattly were made by Maggie's Mission! DM them on Instagram to pick up a few to show your support - $2. (@MaggieGivesBack)